Wednesday 6 June 2012

Once upon a time by Karen Fox


These image were taken with a fairy tale theme in mind. I used the Dandelion as when I was a child we called the seeds fairies. I wanted to capture the delicate form of the Dandelion seed structure which we normally see floating in the breeze.


When the seed are still attached to the seed head they have an amazing strength, they are able to support  water droplets spayed across the feathery like wings forming an almost jewel encrusted surface.


I used coloured acetate to give some colour to the background and colour to the reflection in the water droplets. Overall this project has made me think more about light and what affect controlled light has on a subject. Maybe I will explore some more possibilities using feathers or different seed heads.



No comments:

Post a Comment