Thursday, 12 July 2012

Kaleidoscope by Karen

No excuses, but I have been really busy with work commitments for the past month, however I feel that I must share with you my work so far. I was given some boxes of old costume jewellery and a button tin which once belonged to my Grandma. She was a lover of large sparkly broaches, I thought these would be ideal for a bouquet project which I have been thinking about for sometime. 

Firstly I sorted the broaches into colour, I made three main groups, A black and gold group, a gold and blue stoned group and the group which I decided to work with silver black and purple.

I attached some florist wires to the fasteners on the reverse side of the broach, then I used white stem tape to secure the wires. I then sorted buttons from the tin which I thought would work with the broaches. these also needed to be wired and tightly bound with stem tape. I then used the tape to group three buttons into bunches.

 I used some beaded wired sprigs from the flower market to create a tear drop shaped frame work to hold the wired broaches and buttons. I worked backwards from the tip of the frame adding broaches and buttons, increasing amount and sizes as I went.

I have completed about half of the bouquet, I am quite please with the way that it is evolving, but did feel the need to show you what I have been up to and I'm sure you will understand it is a piece of work in progress. 
I will show you when my kaleidoscope bouquet is all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment